Monday, December 5, 2016

"I read the words, but God turned the pages" - Thomas S. Monson

Hello All,

Hope everyone is enjoying lighting the world in 25 ways over 25 days.

At the beginning of the week we had a lesson with our investigator Wesley that has been investigating for about a year and a half. We have talked to him about baptism but he says he wants it to be meaningful and he isn't there yet. With the help of the Elders Quorum President we found out that he doesn't believe he will go to Heaven or be forgiven of his past when he was in the military. We taught about Grace + Atonement and Repentance. It was a powerful lesson. He also came to church and stayed for Gospel Principles.
 
The rest of the week has been kind of rough. Sister Pope has been sick with stomach pains and a sore throat. We went to the doctor but didn't get much information from them. The Sister Training Leaders - Sisters Erickson and Hammond went on little 2 hour blitzes with me so that we could teach a few lessons and keep the work going in Sumner. I am so grateful for them, it helped me a lot.

Sunday was probably the hardest day. We stayed home from church and it felt like the longest day of my life. We asked if the young men could bring the sacrament to us but the bishop didn't want anyone else to get sick so we weren't able to partake of the sacrament. I was reaching my limit with patience. I was trying to focus on Sister Hammond's advice of focus on the things I can do not the things I cannot do. We got a text from the STLs reminding us that today for Light the World is was to Honor Heavenly Father and asked how today has been a delight. I thought to myself today has been everything but a delight.  I was about to go upstairs to lay down when I felt a prompting to pray. I asked Heavenly Father how I could better honor him this day and make the rest of the day a delight. I had a prompting to read Luke 22 along with the sacrament prayers with Sister Pope. I could tell she felt bad that I wasn't able to partake of the sacrament due to the sickness, but it isn't her fault she is sick. I also read "Gratitude on the Sabbath Day" by Elder Henry B. Eyring. I felt more peace and love as I turned to Heavenly Father. We concluded with a prayer of gratitude as suggested in Henry B. Erying's talk. We also watched the video "Special Witnesses of Christ." My attitude totally changed and the rest of the day was a delight. I am so grateful for that experience that helped me understand how important the sacrament is to me and how Sunday truly is the Sabbath Day.

I have also seen miracles with sharing "Light the World" with people and leading into the Restoration. I love sharing the Gospel especially at Christmas time.

Have a joyful week!

Much Love,

Sister Wynder
D&C 68:6, 78:18-19, 59:5,7-8,12-15
Jacob 4:7,10-11
 
Here are some pictures - Bryn said - "We had a movie night and watched "The Testaments" - classic!!
 



 
















Some of the Christmas tree decorations we sent to them - 


No comments:

Post a Comment