Tuesday, November 21, 2017

In the Ward but Not of the Ward

Hello Family,

This week has been amazing!!! 

So last Monday we went with Andrew (recent convert) to Costco! It was like going to Disneyland! We ate lunch, walked around getting samples, and basically only bought a 40 pack of Capri Sun - life is good. 

This week we had interviews with President and Sister Rasmussen! I love them so much and they gave me such great advice for making the transition when I get home and how I can continue to work hard these last 3 weeks (yikes). President Rasmussen commitment patterned me to come to their homecoming since they came to my farewell. I told him I wouldn't miss it. :) 

Andrew (the referral) that I mentioned last week came to institute this week!!! He also became a new investigator and he is on date to get baptized :) Heavenly Father blessed us so much this week. 

We also are doing our best to not go over on our mileage limit so we have been doing a lot of walking. One day we walked 8 miles! We also tried riding bikes...that lasted about 1 mile. Sister Tayco let us borrow their bikes. The only problem is that they are beach cruisers and don't shift gears when you go up hill! So we had to walk the bikes up the hill. That was the first time I have rode a bike my whole mission. All I can say is riding a bike in a skirt is as awkward as it looks. Haha. 

The ward has some really great activities. This week there was a Priesthood Appreciation dinner and we were able to serve. There was also a linger longer after church on Sunday before the Face to Face broadcast. We didn't stay for that because there was a missionary devotional that night. I was able to see Sister Taylor and there are a few baptisms coming up in Star Lake before we go home so I will be able to go back for those :) 

This transfer I have really learned what it means to reach out to those around you as the Savior would. I am so blessed to have the knowledge of the Gospel. Some have forgotten and others don't know. I pray that I will be able to recognize those people that Heavenly Father places in my path. I encourage everyone to reach out to someone this week and serve them. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I pray that I will always be able to live in the attitude of gratitude. Heavenly Father has blessed me in every aspect of my life. When I take a step back and see all of the blessings that sometimes I take for granted I fall to my knees in awe. 

Much Love,
Sister Wynder
 Costco parking lot with Andrew

















After walking 8 miles in one day!

Bike riding














Bryn and Sister Curry

No comments:

Post a Comment