Monday, November 6, 2017

Have you ever had a panini?

Hello Family!!! 

I have to admit I was a little nervous about being in a YSA ward but I love it! Sister Curry is so great - she is from California! We get a long great and have so much fun together. The YSA ward has so many wonderful members. After being here a week I know that I was placed here for a reason. I feel that one of those reasons is to learn how I can be involved in a YSA ward  and how I can keep sharing the Gospel after my mission. 

We had Festival of Finding this week as a mission. I was with Sister Hardy and Hermana Ohlsen throughout the day. We saw many miracles and I am so grateful to learn from the other missionaries. Our zone set a baptism goal of 11 this transfer and the mission goal is 36! We fasted and prayed this week as a mission and I know Heavenly Father has so many wonderful things in store this transfer. 

Finding is a little bit different in YSA. We still tract and contact but we only teach YSA age so we send out referrals to other missionaries quite often. We are teaching a girl named Tabetha right now. She is truly prepared and really seeking for truth. We taught her the Restoration this week and invited her to be baptized. She said she needs some time to pray about it and to receive a confirmation. I know that the spirit will touch her heart. 

On Sunday it started SNOWING! Our church building is out in Auburn but it was mostly raining out there when we got to church. The ward is amazing! I loved hearing all of the strong testimonies of the members. Tabetha and her less-active friend Brooke came to church. Towards the end of the testimony meeting the first counselor who lives in Buckley stood up and said the Bishop has asked and would like Sister Wynder our new missionary to bear her testimony. I also gave the closing prayer so hopefully the ward wasn't sick of hearing from me. 

Something that really touched me was during Gospel Principles our WML taught the lesson on missionary work. He had us:

1. Read Alma 7:11-13 to ourselves and whenever it said "his people" replace those words with your name
2. Think about the blessings you have received and our relationship with the Savior.
3. Think about someone in your life who doesn't know what you know about the Savior or has forgotten.
4. Pray to know what you can do to help that person who the Spirit has brought to your mind.

It was a powerful lesson and strengthened my testimony of missionary work. There really is no greater joy than sharing the Gospel and helping others come unto Christ. I would invite all who are reading this to read Alma 7:11-13 and see who the Spirit brings to your mind. 

Much Love,

Sister Wynder 

P.S. Mom - we have a George Foreman grill and Sister Curry and I have made paninis almost everyday this week :) 

Bryn and Sister Curry


































Snow in Washington














No comments:

Post a Comment