Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Week One in WA

Bryn has been in Washington for one week! She left the MTC last Tuesday, June 14, and she called from the airport before she left so it was good to hear her voice before she left!! She was excited and ready to get to Washington! We got a short e-mail from her that night letting us know that she had arrived there safely, that her companion is Sister Hollingsworth, and that her first area is in the town of Sumner. 

Hi Family,

The flight to Washington was wonderful. I sat next to a sweet little LDS family with two little kids. We made it safely. There were about 10 missionaries on my flight and President Eaton along with his wife, and the APs picked us up. We ate lunch at the mission home - CafĂ© Rio home style. I was pumped round 2 for the day (they had Cafe Rio at the airport the morning they left for Washington). We each had an interview with the President and had training with the APs. After that I met my companion Sister Hollingsworth - she is awesome, I love her. She is from California but went to BYU before her mission. I am the fourth redhead companion she has had. The first night we went grocery shopping and tracting - I was doing the best I could. It's hard talking to people you have never met about the gospel, but it is getting easier. Waking up at 6:30 isn't has bad as I thought it would be. I love Sumner, it is a beautiful place and everyone is very nice. 

The first week has been one of the longest weeks of my life and so overwhelming. On Friday we had companion study with the President and Sister Eaton. However, before they came during my personal study it hit me that I was really on a mission. I felt very overwhelmed and kind of had a breakdown. PERFECT TIMING, I KNOW! So when they arrived for companion study I was a hot mess. They were very understanding and loving though. They helped so much and President Eaton gave me a blessing. My companion also helps a lot. She is very patient and loving.

The rest of the week was also long but we have 4 investigators right now. It gets easier the more people I meet in the ward and outside the ward. The ward is awesome. They are always willing to come to lessons with us and feed us for dinner. We have dinner appointments every day except Mondays. I couldn't wait for Sunday to come though! I crave going to Church and I wish I could go to the temple weekly but that doesn't happen.

Overall, I really love Washington! It is beautiful and has rained just about everyday this week. Missions are not easy but every time I teach a lesson or share the gospel I feel so much joy. Being here has helped me realize how blessed I am to have the family and friends that I do. I see all types of different families that NEED the gospel in their lives.

There are so many different churches here. Just on one street there are about 6 different ones. A lot of people think we are Jehovah Witnesses. There is also a church called Calvary that has so many members - we think of it as the great and spacious building...

We do have a car and it is wonderful! The mission doesn't have iPads but my companion thinks that they will be changing to iPads when President and Sister Rasmussen come.

Sister Tayco is in Renton but I saw her twice this week for new missionary training and choir practice. I love seeing her, it makes me so happy!

I am glad you are having fun in San Fran and we have to go when I get back. I can only write letters on P day but I can send them out any day of the week. We technically can't give out our apartment address but my companion's mom called the mission office (ask for Sister Young) and she will give you the apartment address. I don't think there is anything I need. I got a letter from Madi and it made my day. Oh and I got an email from Sister Christensen who was in my zone at the MTC, who leaves tomorrow for Seattle and she saw grandma at the temple.

I think that is it for this week. We hope to have at least 2 baptism dates set at the end of this week. Sumner is a wonderful place to be and I know how to pronounce Pullayup now.

I miss you all. I wish I could give you a hug... so here is a hug through email.


Love,

Sister Wynder

New Washington Federal Way missionaries with President and Sister Eaton














Bryn with President and Sister Eaton














Bryn and Sister Hollingsworth





















No comments:

Post a Comment