Monday, September 19, 2016

Well so last p-day we were shopping and when we got to the register a lady said sisters come in this line I am buying your groceries. It was so sweet and she was from the Federal Way stake. It really is a miracle when members feed us or buy groceries for us. I love the people here.

Tuesday we had Zone Meeting President and Sister Rasmussen were there too. Right when it started we watched a New Testament video on the Atonement and the spirit was so strong. I was on the verge of tearing up but I was holding it together...when it ended one of the zone leaders said I just received a prompting to ask Sister Wynder to bear her testimony on the Atonement. When I got up there I lost it a little but I am glad I had that opportunity.

This week was kind of rough because the majority of our lessons got cancelled. We did have a lesson with Isaac and it went really well. He still is having a hard time believing if God is real but we focused on the Holy Ghost and watched the Patterns of Light by Elder Bednar. At the end of the lesson I felt prompted to have a kneeling prayer at the end and have Isaac say it. His prayed assured us that he still wants to learn.

During Personal Study I was reading in Matthew - What Lack I Yet? and I received the prompting that my planning skills need some work. Glad that was before weekly planning. But during weekly planning I kind of had a breakdown, because all the investigators so far have been golden at the beginning and then they move, or something happens and they stop progressing. I love my investigators and I really just want to help them but agency gets in the way most of the time. I have been struggling with accepting the investigator's agency but I am working on it.

We also visited an inactive family and the kids are all grown. We met one of the daughters who left the church when she was 21 and she lives in Boston and was visiting for the week. I told her about Lexi and asked her questions about Boston. She opened up more after that and asked us questions about missions and the church.

We are going to the fair after emailing with Sister Hollingsworth and Bowman so that will be fun. We can't ride the rides but we all got free tickets from members so we are going to go for a little bit and get scones.

Much Love,

Sister Wynder 


Bryn and Sister Pope
















Last night I got a text from Sister Gunn who is a member that lives in the Federal Way mission with this picture -
















Mt. Rainier and other scenery




























Bryn wanted some crockpot recipes so I sent her a bunch and she says she is becoming a "crockpot master" - this is a picture of one of her crockpot meals . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment