Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week 12 Accomplished!


Today was transfers and Bryn is staying in Sumner. Sister Hollingsworth got transferred but she is staying close - they think her new area is still in the same district. Bryn's is excited about her new companion, Sister Pope!! Here is her e-mail and some awesome pictures!!

Wow! I thought week 12 would never come. Here are some great...maybe not so great things that happened this week!

Brother Whitman went to the Seattle temple and walked the grounds with his wife and another couple in the ward.

Isaac fasted this Sunday to know if God was real

Sam our former investigator - we found out his brother and sister-in-law were in town and were in a car accident and she was killed. It was so sad. He had been on our mind over the past 2 weeks and that is why. We were going to do last minute service for a lady in his apartment complex (that we weren't too excited about) and when we pulled up Sam and his kids were outside. We talked to them and we could tell the death was really hard on them. They were happy to see us though. After we left them with a prayer the lady texted us and said she didn't need our help anymore. We knew that Heavenly Father made it possible for us to see Sam because that is where we needed to be.

On Sunday I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting. After two kids came up to me and showed me the list of the 5 points to a testimony. We had a member inspire with them and I brought the testimony glove. The mom said while I was bearing my testimony she told them to listen to see if I got all the 5 points...luckily I did. It was so sweet to know that they were paying attention. Plus we told them if they remembered we would bring them a treat.

Later on Sunday we were contacting and met an interesting couple. We were talking to this lady and she was very contentious and kind of went off saying that we are a cult and all this stuff... Then her boyfriend spoke up and also kind of went off. He was not contentious but was very blunt. He talked about how we don't need religion and that we only needed grace and to hope to live in heaven. I will never forget when he looked dead into my eyes and told me to "FORGET MY RELIGION!" He said that about 10 times. My spirit was a little crushed because earlier that day I bore my testimony and now I am listening to this man telling me to forget my religion. Oh, how sad I felt for him. He is missing out on so much. I told him I will never forget my religion. Right when we were just about to walk away the girlfriend went inside and came back out with a big poster that has all the different religions and what they believe. She started going into the trinity and I was so done with them. We told them what we believe and left. The rest of the night I was so bothered by that contact.

Yesterday was a lot better. We went to see a less-active family but when we got there it didn't feel right. We prayed and received the prompting to go visit a referral we received from the Eatonville sisters. They lived about a minute away from the less-active family. When we got there Mary, the mom of the family told us all the struggles that they have been going through and how she usually isn't into religion but that she is open to hearing our message. She has 3 daughters and they are interested in mutual. We set up a return appointment. That was another experience we had this week that when we follow the promptings of the spirit Heavenly Father blesses us.

Thank you for sending the money Sister Hollingsworth and I had a farewell dinner at the Buttered Biscuit - DELICIOUS! I have loved being companions with Sister Hollingsworth. We took a lot of pictures this week with members so she could say goodbye to them. So get ready for picture overload. 
  
Love you,

Sister Wynder 

Some families in the ward - 























Bryn and Sister Hollingsworth were helping the Whitman's (in the picture just above in front of the Seattle Temple) pack for their move and found fanny packs - the best part was they got to keep them!! Bryn was so excited!!



















I am not sure why they were in pioneer clothes - Bryn said they borrowed them from someone in the ward - maybe it was just for fun????

No comments:

Post a Comment