Monday, February 13, 2017

Back to Rain

Hello Family,
 
So the snow lasted a solid 2 days. It rained all day and the snow was gone the next. Yesterday and today it has been really sunny though which is really nice.
 
 Zone Conference was wonderful. I learned a lot. Elder Holliday that is over all the housing for the mission spoke, I think he will be a GA one day. He talked about the more you put into your mission the more you will get out of it. It reminded me of you mom when you would tell us a "little bit of effort goes a long way." Here are some other things I learned:
 
- Sometimes change or repentance can be awkward because it is out of our comfort zone.
 
- When we are baptized we giving ourselves to the Savior and putting our trust in him. We literally do this when the person who is baptizing the convert represents Jesus Christ and how we bend backwards relying on him.
 
- Think of my name tag during the sacrament and how I have "taken his name upon me."
 
- To know Heavenly Father and Jesus is the most important thing John 17:3
 
I learned so much more but those are the main points. 
 
President talked about the new schedule. The missionary broadcast is on lds.org and the last 15 minutes is where they talk about the schedule. But we have an extra 30 minutes in the morning, 30 minutes at lunch, and we can choose how we plan our day. For example we have the option to do companionship study at 8pm. We love it because in Washington it is dark early and there are only 2 lighted streets in Buckley... We also do planning in the morning and not at night. I love it because that means we can go to bed anywhere from 9:30-10:30. We can get a whole extra hour of sleep!!! That was a dream come true. I love the new schedule and it helps us be more accountable and I know will help the transition of coming home. That was something they focused on is how RMs are use to a routine and strict schedule and when they go home they don't know what to do with themselves. Not sure if Mason was like that because he went from mission to school in a week.
 
I also liked how President told us to think of our weekly emails we send to our families and friends as gratitude journals. I loved that! After my mission I only want to think about the good things that happened. 
 
Oh we also got the Golden Plates (for the cleanest car) at Zone Conference!!! 
 
But I also wanted to share some funny/interesting things that happened.
 
So after Zone Conference we were tracting and we knocked on a door a man answered, he saw our name tags and told us he was Jesus. I had no idea what to say and was trying so hard not to laugh... It was an interesting conversation and let's just say we won't be going back. 
 
Also we were walking down the street and saw a man riding his bike with a gallon of gasoline in one hand, a chainsaw in the other, and a cigarette in his mouth. I thought "that can't be safe." 
 
We were able to have a lesson with Lisa this week. She is recovering so hopefully we can help her come to church this week. 
 
Bro Hunt, Tate and Riley (in Sumner) are all getting baptized Feb. 25. I talked to the Sumner Elders about it and things are going really well in Sumner. They also brought me a jar of Gramma Conine's salsa and jam! I was so pumped.
 
Last night we heart attacked some single sisters in the ward for Valentine's day. I felt like Brooke! 
 
Bishop gave us a CD a while ago called "Raising the Bar" by ED J. Pinegar (I think Emma P. is related to him) It is the best! All about missionary work. Sister Wilkinson and I quote it almost everyday. 
 
Love you all, hope you have a wonderful week. 
 
Sister Wynder
2 Nephi 33:6
 
P.S. next week is transfers so p-day will be on Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment