Monday, March 6, 2017

Prayers are Answered

Hello Family,

Highlights of the week:

A member in the ward is from Chile and she actually served her mission there. She had us over for dinner this week and mad the best Chilean food!!! I loved it so much!

Since I love cows and there are a lot of cows in Buckley, my dream is to convert a dairy farmer and his family. So I will keep you posted on how that goes - prayers are appreciated! 

There is a British lady named Joy in our neighborhood who we run into often and she sounds like she just came from Downton Abbey. I think of Sydney every time I see her. 

We had interviews this week and I got a lot of great counsel from President and Sister Rasmussen about helping Sister Schiess and what I can do as a trainer. Also we found out we get to go to the temple at the end of July/early August!!! Miracle! I am so excited - once a year is just not enough. 

We had companion study with Sister Rasmussen one night. President went with the Buckley 2nd Elders to a lesson so Sister Rasmussen came with us. I learned a lot from her. Two men from the missionary department were here this week and trained President about teaching the Doctrine of Christ. Sister Rasmussen gave us some of that insight. and the spirit testified to me so strongly that I need to really work on that. She taught us how to weave in the Doctrine of Christ as we teach the Restoration and it has helped a lot. I read the talk in the Ensign of this month titled "The Power of Teaching Doctrine." It is so important to focus on the Doctrine of Christ and as a missionary that is literally our purpose. 

Last night we stopped by to meet a part member family and they live on a long road with lots of land. After the visit we drove down the road to flip around and what looked like grass was actually MUD! We got stuck, and I mean stuck. It was starting to get dark also. After 5 minutes I told Sister Schiess we need to say a prayer and about 10-15 minutes later we got out. It looked like we went off roading but the main thing is that our prayer was answered. 

Love you,

Sister Wynder

P.S. I am also trying to teaching myself to play the piano again. I have almost mastered I Believe in Christ - the simplified version of course.​

Stuck in the mud . . .

































































Practicing the piano . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment