Tuesday, March 21, 2017

RAIN!

Hi Family,

Here are some of the highlights of the week: 

Last Monday we found a new investigator named Sara. She let us in and we talked to her for a bit and then transitioned into the Restoration and Book of Mormon. When we told her what the BoM was she said "I should probably look into that." That is music to our hears! We haven't be able to have another lesson with her yet but we are working on it. 

We had a follow up training for the new missionaries on the Doctrine of Christ. It was so great. I love President and Sister Rasmussen, they always give wonderful counsel. The Doctrine of Christ is SO IMPORTANT! That is something I have learned on my mission for sure. I have been highlighting in the Book of Mormon every time it teaches a point or more of the Doctrine and let's just say there is a lot. It has shown me how the Book of Mormon truly teaches the D.O.C.

We were driving to a members and a different route came to my mind so we went a different way and right before we got to the members house we drove past a girl (in her 20's) that looked upset. We flipped around and asked if she needed any help. She told us some of the things she was going through and it was a lot. We asked if she was religious at all - she said no and that she never had learned about any religion. We taught her a few simple truths and prayed with her. We gave her our number and gave her a website to checkout. I hope she calls us. We asked if we could stop by she was a little hesitant due to her living situation. It was really cool though that we met her. I know that the spirit was telling me to go a different route so that we would cross paths with her. I love how Heavenly Father guides us to find those that are in need. 

Our ward had a fiesta/cake auction to raise money for girls camp. It was so much fun! The members go all out for cake decorating and it was awesome. The members gave us so much cake by the end of it...grateful the Elders live across from us so we could pawn most of it off to them!  A member also brought their cousin which is a non-member. We invited her to church and she came!

Sister Schiess and I gave talks on Sunday. Sister Schiess talked about the Book of Mormon and I spoke about the Restoration based off the talk "A Choice Seer Will I Raise Up" by Elder Christensen. They went really well. I gave a 16 minute talk - the youth speaker timed it! It is weird being the adult speaker. I still feel like I should be giving a 3 minute youth talk. 

This week was super rainy!!! A lot of flooding in the farms and on the side of the roads. Yesterday it was sunny and it actually felt like spring! 

Lisa our investigator is doing well. She was sick yesterday and wasn't able to come to church. We are doing our best to help her prepare for baptism but it is a little frustrating when things don't go as smoothly as you plan for...but that is mission life! 

Love you all so much,

Sister Wynder

Here are a few pictures she sent . . . 


















St. Patrick's Day - 


No comments:

Post a Comment