Monday, April 10, 2017

Back in Sumner

Hello Family,
 
So this week basically all of our investigators were out of town so we did a lot of less-active work. 
 
On Saturday Tayton and Riley from Sumner got baptized!!!! It was so great. They asked me to give the Holy Ghost talk. The spirit was so strong and I love children's baptisms. I am so grateful I was able to teach them. What a joyful day it was. It was really great to see a lot of the member that were there to support them. 
 
Also Saturday was Festival of Finding! Hermana Van Leuven and I were on splits with each other and we had a miracle lesson. We knocked into a Spanish-speaking member that we didn't know was a member. She was from Peru and invited us in. She had a friend over and invited her to listen to a message. Her name was Frida and she was from Peru as well. They didn't speak English very well so I didn't think I would be much help. We opened with a prayer and started teaching the Restoration. I tried to teach as simply as I could but they didn't understand much of what I said. So Hermana Van Leuven basically taught the whole lesson. They had Peruvian accents and Hermana Van Leuven said it was really hard to understand. I prayed for Hermana and that Frida would be able to feel the spirit. When we taught about the first vision the spirit was so strong and Frida kept touching her heart saying she felt something and didn't know how to explain it. She prayed at the end and became a new investigator for the Hermanas. It was so cool and it was also a member present lesson. I am so grateful we were in the right place at the right time. 
 
The mission also started reading the Book of Mormon together - hark, mark, and embark! I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. I know the mission will be more unified as we do it. We are scheduled to finish it in 2 transfers so about 6 pages a day. I can't think of a better way to be more unified than feasting on the words of Christ.
 
I have also been studying the life of Christ more and I have felt it really effect my work this week. I feel the love of the Savior more. I am so excited for this Easter week. Sister Schiess and I have a goal to spread the peace using #PrinceofPeace this week. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and can remember to keep Christ at the center.
 
Thank you for all the birthday wishes!  
 
Much Love, 
 
Sister Wynder
 
 
*Tayton is on the left and Riley is on the right. Tayton had a scout camp out the night before and he was really tired so he doesn't look very happy in the picture but he was! 


































Hiking with the hermanas
























No comments:

Post a Comment