Monday, April 17, 2017

Birthday + Easter

Hi Family,

Thank you for all the birthday wishes - it was a wonderful day. Feels so weird to be 20 though. There is no turning back...

We had fun making a bunny cake last week. One of the zone leader's birthday was on the 10th and so we had cake at zone training on Tuesday! President and Sister Rasmussen were there and they said, "So you made your own birthday cake?" I responded "I sure did, the bunny cake is a tradition in my family." Zone training was great though. The spirit told me I need to focus more on inviting people to be baptized. So my goal this week has been having a mindset of baptism. 

We were able to get into a lot of members homes this week to show #PrinceofPeace - so many members were willing to share it. I am grateful for the members desire to share the Gospel we are praying as we follow up with them we will be able to find some new investigators. 

We were able to do a lot of service this week which I love. We were helping a returning member move some things into her garage. She use to be in a band and the garage was all decked out with pictures of her band, instruments, etc. I thought now this would be a fun place to play Rock Band on news years eve with the family after the mission. Haha. 

On my birthday we had dinner with the Lathrops - Hawaiian haystacks, yum! The Lathrops are awesome and their 3 girls are so cute. They bought me some bunny ears and the girls drew pictures for me. 

Last week we found a potential investigator named Cody. He is a single dad with 2 kids. One day we were walking and passed a neighborhood we saw some kids playing outside. I felt the nudge of the Holy Ghost so we walked into the neighborhood and met Cody. We went back on Saturday and taught him the Restoration - invited him to read the Book of Mormon, pray, and be baptized. He said he wasn't sure but that he would pray about it. We set up a return appointment, so I am excited for that. I am so grateful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost and leading us to those that are ready to hear the Gospel. 

Easter was great. It was sunny for the most part and church was wonderful. I am so grateful for the life and resurrection of the Savior. I have been studying a lot about the Savior this week and I have truly felt his love flow more into my life. At church in Relief Society the lesson was on prayer. They talked about family prayer and how it unites, strengthens, and protects families. I felt the spirit so strong thinking about that. I am so blessed to have such an amazing family that prays for me. I felt those prayers a little extra in that moment. The spirit brought to my mind the last family prayer we had before we took Mason to the airport for his mission. I remember how special that was for our family and I knew Mason would be protected on his mission. The spirit confirmed to me the importance of family prayer. 

This morning we got permission to go on a sunrise hike for Easter. We went with the Hermanas and it was so beautiful. I love Washington!!!!

Much Love,

Sister Wynder
Alma 33:22
2 Nephi 10:24-25
 
Coloring Easter eggs - making a bunny cake - and zone training
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bryn's birthday!
 






































Sunrise hike









































+

No comments:

Post a Comment