Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Staying in Star Leezy



Hi Family,
So I am staying in Star Lake, but Sister McClellan is getting transferred. I have loved serving with Sister McClellan. She is such a valiant missionary who loves the work! I have learned so much from her. One of her strengths is that she is a happy finder. Sometimes it can be hard to be excited to knock doors or go contacting, but she has helped me realize how fun it can be. We have had so much fun together and have seen many miracles. 

My new companion is Sister Peterson. I have been on blitz' with her and we were in a trio with Sister Bowman for 2 days when Sister Pope was going home. I am excited, she is so sweet.
This week we went finding 2-3 hours about every day. It was hard work but it feels so good to talk to people about the Gospel. It is such a blessing to be a missionary and I love being able to bear pure testimony to anyone and everyone.
This week we were volunteering at the D.I. and while we were working we talked a little bit with a guy named Brian who was shopping. He asked us who we were and was really nice. He walked to a different part of the store and the spirit told me "Don't leave without talking to him again." When we were about to leave he was in the check out line. When we walked to the doors he was right there. I approached him and said it was nice to meet you and we starting talking again. He showed us some of the deals he found. As our conversation went on we told him our purpose as missionaries. I was so bummed I didn't have a pass-along card on me. I think that has been the only time on my mission that has happened. Right when we were about to leave the Spirit told me "have him look up mormon.org on his phone." I hate to admit this but I didn't act on that prompting. I have been praying that Brian will be at D.I. this week when we go.
After that happened I have re-read Elder Rasband's talk "Let the Holy Spirit Guide." That was probably my favorite talk this past conference. I realized that I always want to be a first responder to the promptings of the spirit. I have been thinking about how the spirit works and as I reflected on times the spirit has really prompted me to do something I learned that the still small voice never gets louder but that the piercing feeling gets stronger and stronger. I encourage everyone to always act on promptings you receive no matter how small or big the task my seem. A prompting is a prompting.
Later in the week Sister McClellan received the prompting to talk to a man that was in our apartment complex as we were out tracting. His name was Charlie and we were able to teach him on the spot. The spirit then prompted me to ask him "what do you think when you think of baptism?" You bet your bottom dollar I followed it. His response was when Jesus Christ was baptized. We taught about the Doctrine of Christ and the spirit prompted me again to invite him to be baptized. It is amazing how the spirit works through us to do the Lord's work.
This week we started "Instrument in His Hands" - the missionary youth challenge. I am so excited for the next 6 weeks to see how the youth share the Gospel. The youth are awesome in the Star Lake ward and there is a lot of them too. The challenge this week is to post a scripture, video, or quote on social media (if you don't use social media - text someone). I would like to challenge you all to do the same this week! If you have a desire to serve God and share the Gospel it is amazing how the Lord will always place people in your path.
I love you all so much!
Much Love,
Sister Wynder
1 Nephi 4:6-7
Alma 53:20

Left to right: Sister Peterson (Bryn's new companion), Sister McClellan (Bryn's last companion), Bryn, and Sister  Purvis on exchanges





























District Meeting















Treats from Trader Joe's





















No comments:

Post a Comment