Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Instruments in His Hands

Hola Familia,

So right as I was finishing my email I hit a wrong button and my whole email got erased....So here we go with round two. 

Highlights of the week:

On Wednesday night we had the youth activity! We had pizza and for their reward (for participating in the youth missionary challenge) was that Brother Avila (the best assistant Ward Mission Leader ever) made water balloon sling shots for the youth to shoot at the Bishopric! It was awesome. After about 15 minutes it turned into a giant water fight. At the end Brother Avila gathered everyone in for a closing prayer. Right as everyone closed their eyes Brother Avila gave us the "go," Sister Peterson turned on the water, and I sprayed the youth with the hose! They of course got back at me... but it was worth it. We had so much fun and there were a couple nonmembers and a few less-active youth that came! Overall, it was a blast and it has been so cool to hear about ways the youth have shared the Gospel. 

That night after the activity as I was saying my prayers I received the revelation to focus on Church attendance this next transfer. 

We had really powerful lessons with Gib and Khoa this week! 

Mission Leadership Council was amazing this week! We set a transfer baptism goal of 38 baptism for the mission. Please pray for 38! :) 

Brother Jones is on date for September 16th - Please keep him in your prayers! 

Bruce, the headquarter referral, became a new investigator :) 

Sister Peterson got home safely. Her parents picked her up and I am with Hermana Short - aka my new best friend - until we go to transfers today!

What I really want to share...

So on Sunday we were counting on 2 people coming to church after they committed to come. However, they didn't come! I was really sad and frustrated because I did everything I could to help them come to church. I was bummed and I felt a little hardhearted! During personal study I was reading 1 Nephi 15 about when Laman and Lemeul harden their hearts. Then I read when Nephi asks them do you not remember what the Lord has done for you? Right then the spirit hit me with a spiritual 2x4! I started crying and memories from Brooke's baptism and Brother Whitman's baptism flowed into my mind. I remembered how hard it was and all of the roadblocks that we had to jump over. However, it was all worth it in the end to see them get baptized! I was humbled in that moment! I know that the Lord will never forsake us. The blessings come from enduring what the Lord asks us to. As I got on my email today I received emails from Brooke about getting ready to leave for BYU, and from Sister Whitman informing me that Brother Whitman is taking temple prep and that they are getting sealed in February!!! My heart is full of joy and gratitude. Baptism really is the first step and the end goal in this life is the temple!  

So lesson learned - Don't be like Laman and Lemuel and forget what the Lord has done for you! 

Transfer news: I am staying in Star Lake and my new companion is Sister Taylor! 

Much Love,

Sister Wynder 

District Meeting















Youth Activity













Mission Leadership Council
















Bryn, Hermana Short, Sister Peterson



















These are pictures that ward members texted to us during the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment