Monday, July 31, 2017

Last Time on Sister Lives



Hi family,
This week went by so fast...
Cool miracle to start out - last week the Assistants to the President sent out a blast to remind everyone to update their headquarter referrals in the system. After we updated ours Heavenly Father blessed us and we got two more HQ referrals. We are teaching one of them right now and are trying to figure out a time we can meet with the other. But referrals are the best!
We also had zone conference this week! Wow, the spirit was so strong and I loved it. The topic was the Faith to find and baptize. I really understood faith to find more. The spirit taught me, having faith in Christ and trusting in the spirit by acting on promptings will lead us to those who have been prepared. I also learned to have more faith that our investigators will act in faith to keep commitments and progress. At zone conference during the lunch break President said "Sister Wynder, I need to show you the text I just got from my daughter." Turns out his daughter was at Deseret Book and Mason was her cashier. 
Sister Peterson and I have a goal for this week to have 3 people on date for baptism. We have made plans and I know that as we find with faith the Lord will bless us. This week is going to be crazy because it is Sister Peterson's LAST WEEK!!!! AYYY! She has been such a champ and is working so hard. 

I also went on exchanges with Sister Sellers - this is her first transfer. She is from Bear Lake, Idaho and guess what? Her family loves MADDOX! We have already planned out our trip to Maddox when she gets back from her mission. She is a stellar missionary and has such a strong desire to do the Lord's will. We saw miracles on our exchange and had two lesson with Jasmin a less-active we just discovered from Guam and Brother Jones. Brother Jones has been taught by missionaries over a year...I prayed really hard to know what we could teach him. As I looked at his teaching record I noticed he hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon and never really started. So we read from the introduction with him to teach him why we read/study from the Book of Mormon. During the lesson he had solid questions and at the end he said he felt that the spirit touched his heart and that his mind was enlightened! That is what the power of the Book of Mormon does! Wow, so cool. 
 
Sunday, Sister Golden opened her mission call. She invited me to attend at the mission home. She is going to the Ohio, Cleveland mission and enters the MTC August, 16th! The spirit was so strong as she read her call. I know that is where Heavenly Father needs her next. She is such a dear friend and I have loved serving with her.
I have been reflecting a lot on my mission this week and last week Annie Rees sent me an email and shared with me something her mission president would say to her- "you only have 18 months to serve a mission, and an eternity to reflect on it!" I loved that and it is so true. I am striving to do my best and finish strong! I love my mission and wouldn't trade it for the world.
Much Love,
Sister Wynder






















No comments:

Post a Comment