Monday, October 2, 2017

Best Weekend Ever

Hi family,

Wow, my heart is so full this week. 

On Friday night Bruce was baptized! Bruce is a character and has been a pleasure to teach. It has been so neat to see the changes he has made and then to see him dressed in white. I felt the tender spirit of the Lord as we gathered together for his baptismal service. Sister Taylor and I gave the Baptism and Holy Ghost talks, and Brother Avila performed the baptism. I am so grateful for the members that helped and made it all possible. Our ward mission leader - Brother Hampton is so on top of things. He even brought extra towels..and good thing to because Brother Avila and Bruce both forgot theirs. Haha! Bruce is the manager of a program that helps men that just come out of prison to get back on their feet. When he got home Friday night one of the guys asked Bruce what he had been up to because he looked different. The was a testimony to me and Sister Taylor of the change that really does occur. Due to General Conference Bruce will be confirmed a member and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost next Sunday

This weekend was amazing! I love General Conference so much. We are truly blessed to receive counsel from the chosen servants of the Lord. We watched the first 3 sessions at the stake center and then the last session we went to the Hampton's house. Bruce, Gib, and the Avilas all came. It was so much fun and the first time Bruce and Gib had watched General Conference. We also had dinner afterwards at the Hamptons and had birthday cake for Sister Taylor. 
 
I learned so much from the spirit as I watched General Conference. I received many revelations and was taught from on high. I loved too many of the talks it is hard to choose a favorite. These were the highlights that stuck out to me: 

Always focus on what matters most. 
Continue to LOSE myself in the service of others. 
Raise a family in righteousness. 
Make decisions in the context of helping others. 
Take time to be holy. 
Look through the lens of the Gospel not social media.
Maintain my testimony & read the Book of Mormon everyday. 
The Lord does not do things by coincidence but by divine design. 
Look to God and live. 
I can't control everything, but I can control how I respond.
Put Christ at the center of my life today! 
Fear not to do good.
Always follow prophetic counsel. 
I don't know everything but I know enough. 

I especially love the last quote that was given in Elder Neil L. Andersen's talk. It is so important to remember that we are given knowledge and inspiration line upon line. I also love this quote when thinking about what I know about the gospel. I have come to understand that the more I know, the more I know that I don't know anything! There is so much to learn in this life but we should never let the things we don't know change what the spirit has confirmed to us as truth. I am so grateful for my testimony of the Gospel and a loving family that only strengthens it. 

I hope everyone had a chance to watch ALL of the General Conference sessions. I have the priesthood session downloaded on my USB ready to listen to. General Conference is a blessing that we should never take for granted. 

Much Love,

Sister Wynder
 
Pictures from Bruce's baptism


 










 
 
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment