Monday, October 9, 2017

The Power of Not Knowing

Hi Family, 
 
Well it has been another wonderful week in "Warshington" as 1 in 500 Washingtonians say. I am so grateful for the things that I have learned this week. 
 
To start out, district meetings this month are all centered on the Holy Ghost. We discussed how understanding truth only comes by the Spirit as we experience it. One Elder shared an experience where one of his companions said "Elder how do you know when you need to go to the bathroom?" He responded "I just know, I can't really explain it." His companion went on to teach him how that is similar to the way we feel the Holy Ghost...we can't always explain it but it is a feeling of knowing. We then went into role plays where we helped the investigator recognize that they were feeling the Holy Ghost. I learned so much from the role play and Sister Taylor and I really felt the Spirit guiding our role play. It is amazing when you take role plays seriously that the spirit can help resolve concerns for investigators and teach you new insights and ideas. 
 
This week I went on an exchange with Sister McCrae. She is such a great missionary. She is from Idaho but has not been to the Potato Museum. After our exchange she said she is definitely going to go when she returns home. I learned a lot from Sister McCrae including honoring our sacred calling. I could really see that she understood her purpose and knew that she truly is a representative of Jesus Christ by her example. 
 
In Mission Leadership Council we watched an amazing talk by Liz Wiseman called "The Power of Not Knowing." I learned so much! Her talked is focused on leadership. She talks about "The Rookie Zone" and how that is when we are given a job or task that we don't feel qualified for but that is when we learn the most. I could relate because that is basically what a mission is. Everyday I do something that makes me get out of my comfort zone but that is when I grow because I had faith and relied on Heavenly Father. I encourage everyone to watch this talk. 
 
 
It is amazing how the Holy Ghost is truly the teacher. I can only create an environment where the Spirit can be there but I am not the teacher. It is amazing thought how the Spirit works. We had one of Bruce's new member lessons this week and we went over the Restoration. As Sister Taylor recited the First Vision tears filled my eyes and it was another strong witness that I felt from the Spirit that Joseph Smith did in fact see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I have learned that the Holy Ghost doesn't just carry the message into the hearts of the investigator but also the missionaries. I am so grateful for that important lesson I learned by experience.
 
I am loving my mission more and more everyday. It is amazing to be a part of this work!
 
Much Love, 
 
Sister Wynder
 
Halloween Decorations
 












Mission Leadership Council













Exchanges

















Bryn and Sister Taylor watched the Sunday afternoon of conference at their ward mission leader's house with another family in the ward, a new convert, and an investigator and they had dinner after conference. While he was getting dinner ready Bryn found his phone and proceeded to take several "selfies" - he posted this one on the Facebook mission page!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment