Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween

Hi Family,

Wow, what a week it has been. To start off, I am being transferred to the Green Valley YSA ward in Maple Valley. Maybe this is Heavenly Father preparing me for the future... I am really excited though. I will be serving with Sister Curry! 

I am sad to leave Star Lake! I love this area and Sister Taylor so much!! 

This week Kuol and Ariik were bapized! They are the 8 and 11 year old boys I taught in Federal Way. They are so sweet and the spirit was so strong. I love seeing children of our Heavenly Father enter the waters of baptism. 

This week we had a ward Halloween party! It was a chili cook-off and Sister Taylor and I were the judges along with Bishop Kersh and Bishop Meldrum (former Dolloff Lake Bishop). It was so much fun! There were a lot of less actives and non-members there including Jeremy who became a new investigator earlier that day. He is a friend of Bruce who sat in on one of Bruce's lessons a few weeks ago. We taught him the Restoration and he is really interested in learning more. 

One thing we seemed to have really focused on this week was the Book of Mormon. We were in a lesson with a less active couple that is working on going to the temple. During the lesson we read 1 Nephi 8 and President Monson's talk "The Power of the Book of Mormon." As we discussed and read we invited them to read the Book of Mormon everyday together! After the fact, the spirit impressed upon me to read the Book of Mormon everyday with Sister Taylor as companions. I am so grateful for that prompting! I have felt a stronger spirit within our companionship as we read the Book of Mormon every night before we go to bed. I love the blessings President Monson promises to those that read the Book of Mormon each day:

"My dear associates in the worof the Lord, implore each of us to prayerfully study and  ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven's help in our lives. I so testify with all my heart in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

I know that these promises are real because I have felt them in my life. I want to invite everyone to follow President Monson's counsel. Along with reading individually, I invite families, couples, companions,etc. to read the Book of Mormon everyday together! There is so much strength that we will receive if we do this simple act. 

I am again grateful for the time that I had to serve in Star Lake. There is a great love that I have felt for the people on my mission. I am so blessed to be on the Lord's errand. 

Have a great week! 

Much Love,

Sister Wynder
 
Kuol & Ariik's baptism
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Our hub cap came off while we were driving, but miracles happen and we found it."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment