Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Over the River and Through the Woods to Heavenly Father's House We Go

Hello Family, 
 
Highlights of this week...
 
Sister Wilkinson and I are so much a like it is awesome. We laugh all the time - definitely brings joy to the work. 
 
We went on a hike last p-day and it was pouring. It was so fun though and I seriously love the trees in Washington. Had some of the best food including Jambalaya! So delicious!

We have an investigator (Lisa) on date for baptism! 
 
The Buckley ward is so great and very loving. 
 
We helped our apartment manager paint one of the vacant apartments. She is a non-member but we have been able to talk about the church a little with her and one day she mentioned to us that she might come to church. 
 
We had another Festival of Finding! We are doing one every transfer now. We saw a lot of miracles. Sister Wilkinson and I exchanged with the Hermanas. We had a lot of lessons that day and a few new investigators. Over all the mission had about 176 new investigators or something like that. 
 
The morning of district meeting Emilie dropped us - I never got to meet her. At district meeting we found out that every companionship in the district got dropped by an investigator that morning. So crazy! The Lord is sifting them. 
 
I got a text forwarded to me through the zone leaders that Brother Hunt invited me to give the Holy Ghost talk at his baptism on Saturday. That was one of the best texts ever! I am so excited. 
 
Sunday we had ward conference and it was so good. They focused all about the area plan for the U.S. and Canada. 
 
Today we were able to go to the TEMPLE!!!!! I having been waiting so long to go to the temple again. Sister Rasmussen took Sister Wilkinson and I. Then President took all the elders in our zone in the mission van. The GPS took us on the back roads - literally the forest. Sister Rasmussen said "it feels like we are going over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go." We both said at the same time "more like to Heavenly Father's house we go." The ride was beautiful we saw the water between Issaquah and Seattle. There were about 50ish missionaries in the session. The temple is such an amazing place. I felt so much peace and love. We were able to do initiatory and a session. Before the session we were able to have about an hour in the Assembly room to ponder, read scriptures, and listen to hymns. President and Sister Rasmussen spoke to us and bore their testimonies. Sister Rasmussen talked about the power she felt being in the temple with a large group of missionaries. I cried about 4 times at the temple because I was so happy to be there. I learned a lot and felt the spirit so strong. I received a lot of answers and was able to understand more about the Savior's role in my life. The layout of the Seattle Temple is very similar to Provo so it reminded me a lot of when I first went through the temple. 
 
At the temple I talked to the Sumner Elders and they told me more about Brother Hunt's baptism and that Tate and Riley are on date for baptism in February! I was so thrilled to hear that. So I will get to go back to Sumner a few times :) \
 
I can't believe tomorrow will be 8 months. I love Washington and the days are just flying by.
 
My testimony of the Savior has grown so much this week.
 
Much Love, 
 
Sister Wynder

Seattle Temple




































































Sister Wynder and Sister Wilkinson













Hiking, Mt. Ranier, and Washington scenery































No comments:

Post a Comment