Monday, January 30, 2017

Changes in the Mission

Yello,

So this week we had a Worldwide Missionary Broadcast where we learned that the daily schedule will be changing allowing us to make our own schedule in the timeframe we are given. We also will be having longer P-days!!! It will start at 8am instead of 10am. We have zone conferences next week where President and Sister Rasmussen will be giving us a training. So until then we are living the old schedule. But it is super exciting!

I also have been reflecting a lot about the temple from last week. I have been studying about the law of consecration and sacrifice and how I can always remember to keep my covenants. I have prayed a lot about how I can continue to have the missionary spirit after my mission so that I always honor my covenants. The spirit gave me an answer. A lot of my answer included music and media after I get home. Also I have come to the conclusion not to go to anymore dance parties that won't have uplifting music or where the spirit can't be. It was really hard for me to accept that answer. However, I would way rather have the spirit and honor my covenants than to put myself in a place where they spirit may not be with me. 

I went on exchanges this week with Sister Erickson. She is so great and we had so much fun. I learned to always filter our activities through the missionary purpose. 

I read Bonnie L. Oscarson's talk "Rise Up in Strength, Sisters in Zion" this morning. I loved it so much and helps me keep in perspective the role women have in building up the kingdom of God. 

We also are working with a returning inactive. She came to church yesterday and is so grateful to be back. She has lived a rough life but I have learned the importance of reactivation. Sacrament meeting was so inspired for her, it was amazing. 

I have also learned a lot about keeping the Sabbath Day holy and the importance of FHE. 

Love you all,

Sister Wynder













Sister Pope was back in Washington for a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment