Monday, May 1, 2017

The Spirit of God

Hi Family, 
 
I have a had a couple experiences this week that have helped me understand the role of the spirit. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. It is amazing how the spirit can truly guide us. I have felt the spirit more abundantly and have been learning new ways the spirit speaks to me. 
 
We had a lesson with our investigator Karen this week and she asked "Do people in the Mormon church that grew up that way know it is true or is it just because they were raised that way?" Sister Schiess gave a beautiful answer and shared her testimony of when she really knew that the church is true. Just because you grow up in the church doesn't mean you have an automatic testimony. A testimony comes from searching the scriptures, prayer to a loving Heavenly Father, and acting on the answer you receive. It may take time but it will come to those that truly desire to know truth. That experience made me think of the time I was in middle school when I sincerely prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true. Since that day I know without a doubt in my mind that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church and everything that encompasses it. I felt that my testimony has grown so much especially being on my mission. I have had the spirit confirm to me time and time again of the truth. 
 
It is amazing to see how much the little things of daily prayer and scripture study, attending the temple, and partaking of the sacrament weekly have such an impact on our lives and testimony. 
 
I am so grateful to be on a mission it is such a blessing! 
 
This week we watched a video titled "Reach Out with Love." It is so great and so funny! It helped me to remember how important it is to love people into the church. It is great for youth and especially when they visit less active members or those they might think will never come back to church. 
 
Note to Dad:
You would be so proud of me...We did some weeding for a member this week and at church she had told so many people what great weeders we are! So even though I probably didn't have as much practice as Syd and Mason I can still do a good job! :) 
 
Hope you have a great week!
 
Much Love,
 
Sister Wynder
Words of Mormon 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment