Monday, May 22, 2017

What a Week!!

Hello Family,
 
So I am so excited to be serving in Star Lake. There are so many people from all over the world that live here. Let's not forget I have been truly blessed with a Cafe Rio in my area!!! We stopped there last p-day and then later on in the week a family in the ward had us over for dinner and we walked in and there was Cafe Rio on the table. Miracles are real, haha. Sister McClellan is my new companion and she is great - I love her!
 
This week has been wonderful. Elder Dube from the Seventy and his wife visited the mission. He led the training during zone conference and mission leadership council. I learned so much from the spirit. Elder Dube is so funny and has a powerful testimony. He taught us how to really teach from the scriptures. It is so important to not just teach and then support what I taught with scriptures but to really teach from them. I also learned that if I want to be an effective leader I need to point others to the Savior and be willing to serve them. My mission is not about me it is about those I am serving. I have felt so much love for the Sisters I am serving this transfer already. Heavenly Father has helped me so much this week getting to know the area and taking on this new responsibility. The Lord qualifies those whom he calls.
 
The work in Star Lake is going well there are a couple investigators with baptism dates and the ward is awesome! I have really worked hard this week - every night I come home so exhausted!!! 
 
We had Festival of Finding on Saturday and I stayed in Star Lake all day. The night before I was praying so hard to know where I should go since I didn't know the area very well yet. I received the answer to look at the map in the living room (it is a giant map of the area with all the members names and where they live) in the morning to know which members we should find around. The next morning I saw the name Scott. It was the Scotts that live in Buckley that we were working with. They lived in Star Lake before Buckley. So later that day we knocked in that neighborhood and found a family from Cambodia that said we could come back along with a man named Roger that was doing yard work at the Scott's old house. He was about to go in the backyard before I yelled "Hi, how are you?" He walked down to the sidewalk and we talked about the importance of family. He was super nice and said we could come back and teach him more. So we found some awesome potential investigators.
 
It really amazes me at how the spirit works through Sister McClellan and I during planning. Answers have just been flowing to us of where to be and what to teach. Missionary work is so cool and there are so many miracles.
 
Much Love,
 
Sister Wynder
Alma 37:6

No comments:

Post a Comment